Wavikar Eye Institute is a world-class, exclusive facility dedicated to the delivery of compassionate and holistic eye care to all our patients.
With constant upgradation of processes and equipments, we have always remained at the forefront, delivering the latest and the best eye care that the city of Thane has to offer.
Dr. Chandrashekhar Wavikar always had a vision to bring everything in eye care under one roof. It not only inspired him to pioneer newer technologies but create an institute to fulfill all the requirements.
To name a few milestones in our growth :
- Beginning of no injection- no stitch – no pad cataract surgery.
- Introduction of ozilmicrophaco
- First LASIK machine in Thane
- One of the first few NABH accreditated for eye hospitals in Maharashtra, again first in Thane.
- First mobile eye clinic in and around Thane.
- Charitable trust and eye bank
- First optometry college in Thane
- First to do lensx true laser- bladeless cataract surgery in whole of Asia.
- We have acquired the prestigious NABH accreditation which ensures the compliance of the hospital to global benchmarks on safety and quality of care.
- While providing state of art care to our regular patients, we fulfill our social responsibility with the divisions namely Indirabai Charitable Trust and Vishwanath Eye Bank.
- Under the charitable trust we provide comprehensive eye care services to the underprivileged sector of the society screening camps for eye diseases. We have a mobile eye clinic which can reach the remote areas to treat the patients.
- Our eye bank conducts camps for eye donation awareness. We have facilities for retrieval and transplantation of corneas.
- Our educational initiatives include various training programs for eye doctors like Phaco training, Lasik training, Lensx training.
- We have our own optometry college registered with YCMOU.
- One more feather is added in our cap in the form of Lensx all laser – bladeless LASIK.
- With all this we feel….
The journey for excellence has just begun and we need to go long way to reach our destination.
Both our facilities are dedicated to the delivery of world class care for eye diseases to all patients irrespective of their social and economic standing.
Through these facilities we offer following services to the patients:
- Cataract Surgery
- Refractive Surgery including LASIK
- Retinal Diseases
- Childhood Eye Diseases and Squint
- Plastic Surgery of the eye
- Specialized Contact Lenses and Low Vision Aides Optical and Medical Shop*