Keep abreast with the new diagnostic technological advances in field of ophthalmology Wavikar Eye Institute constantly has provided its patients the benefit of these advances.
The Institute has dedicated department and qualified technical expertise to perform advanced eye diagnostic tests.
Our diagnostic services comprise of
- Fundus Fluorescein Angiography (FFA)- It is indicated for Retinal disorder evaluation . It detects the leakage in the retinal blood vessels. A dye is injected intravenously which passes through retinal blood vessels and images are captured at intervals to determine retinal pathology
- A-B scan machine– This machine is based on ultrasound technology and used for calculation of IOL power by contact or emersion method. B scan is important to detect presence of internal foreign bodies and also asses the entire internal structure of the eye.
- Fundus photo – This modality is useful in screening of Diabetic retinopathy and other age and hypertension related retinal conditions
- IOL master – The IOL lens calculations are done in this method without touching the eye for catractous patient
- Visual Field Perimetry – Visual field defects, glaucoma screening, drug related eye toxicity can be precisely noted by this test. Also known as Humphrey’s field test.
- Optical Coherence Tomography – OCT captures even the smallest of the defect in retinal layers and is useful diagnostic tool in various conditions like retinal detachment, macular hole, glaucoma affecting the retina .
- Topography – The topo grapher is used to determine the corneal curvature in high astigmatic patients , p=for progression of keratoconus, evaluation of pre and post op corneal health.
- Pachymetry – This is done to evaluate the thickness of cornea to determine the patients suitability for LASIK procedure
- Keratometry & PVAM – These are baseline tests done to evaluate the corneal curvature and understand the postoperative visual outcome