Smt. Indirabai Wavikar Charitable Trust provides comprehensive eye care to patients from underprivileged sectors. We would like to proudly underline the fact that No compromise has been made in terms of quality of materials used and facilities provided in designing this wing even though the patients will be treated free or at a highly subsidized rate.
Trust in association 50 NGO’s have conducted more than 700 camps, screened 55000 patients in rural as well as urban areas till date, have successfully conducted more than 2000 cataract surgeries, distributing 6000 glasses benefitting the patients from the lower sections of the society.
The facilities provided by Trust is multi-pronged:
- Treatment at subsidized rate
- Screening and treatment of patients through outreach programs (camps)
- Awareness programs as well as screening for early diagnosis and referral of eye disorders like Diabetic retinopathy, Glaucoma, corneal blindness, Pediatric cataract.
- Screening of school children for early diagnosis of eye disorders
- Ocular prosthesis – Artificial eye services
- Our Optometry college nurtures the students by providing in house work experience
- Eye Donation awareness programs & camps
- Enucleation services