Oculoplasty is a specific section of Ophthalmology, which is related to abnormalities of the structures around the eye. At Wavikar Eye Institute, we are proud to have an advanced Oculoplasty department onboard for Oculoplasty Surgery in Thane.
Oculoplasty surgeries are conducted to develop function, comfort, and appearance for the following :
- Deal with the orbit (eye socket) difficulties
- Improvement of droopy eyelids (Ptosis)
- Repair of tear ducts
- Helps in the removal of tumors in and around the eyes and in orbital fracture repairs.
- Tear Drainage Difficulties
- Eyelid Malposition
- Cancers of the Eyelid
Oculoplastic procedures often have both functional and aesthetic purposes.
In which conditions there’s a necessity to perform an Oculoplasty procedure?
Congenital anomalies(By Birth): Oculoplasty surgery in Thane will be conducted for congenital deformities within the eyelid, shrunken eyelids, Ptosis, blocked tear drainage passages preceding to watering and infection in newborn babies.
Traumatic (Injury): It is conducted for injury to the eyelids, tear drainage passages, scar development, loss of eyeball, tumors, etc. Oculoplasty surgery saves from eye damages and provides better eye functioning and appearance.
Age-related conditions: Oculoplasty operation is conducted for problems in-turning or out-turning of eyelids and rubbing of eye-lashes on the eye.
At Wavikar Eye Institute, we take utmost care while dealing with Oculoplasty patients
Symptoms of patients requiring Oculoplasty procedure:
- Droopy eyelids or eyebrows
- Extreme watering due to nasolacrimal duct or cyst problems
- Growths or Tumors in and around eye or orbit
- Excessive blinking or uncontrollable eye closure
- Excessive wrinkles/skin folds around eyes
- Thyroid imbalance
- Paralysis affecting the face
- Loss of eye because of injury or infection wherein the artificial eye is required, to enhance the looks
- Eyelids Hanging Downwards
- Twitching of eyes
- Blocked Tear Ducts
- Excessive fat in eyelids
- Bulging Eyes
- Orbit Tumors
Specialists Oculoplastic Surgeons are the principal assets of the Wavikar Eye Institute. Do visit us to know more about Oculoplasty Surgery. We would be more than happy to serve you.